October 1981, 5-Speed, Grey Interior
Current Mileage: 87,000
An extensively upgraded and mechanically sound car, perfect for someone looking to jump in and enjoy everyday. This Delorean has been a primary mode of transportation for the last two owners over the last 55k miles. This means it is driven often, and aggressively maintained. Previous location was in the desert, and isn’t winter driven here. No rust at all on the frame.
It’s been an incredible car, and I hate to part with it. Featured on the cover of Delorean World.
- DMCH Eibach spring & shock set.
- UK Stainless Dual Cat Exhaust + Cold Air Intake
- Upgraded Stereo (Alpine PDX-5 Amp, JL 8W3 8″ Sub, Eclipse Deck, Boston Acoustic speakers (4″ up front, 6.5″ in rear)
- Front strut tower brace installed
- Professionally repainted Fascias glossy grey
Recent Major Mechanical Service:
- All coolant lines replaced with new (Nov 2007)
- WaterPump replaced with DMCH Waterpump (Sept 2009)
- AC condenser replaced, AC system converted to R134 and recharged (Sept 2009)
- Major Transmission Service (Replaced 2nd gear roll pin, clutch, clutch plate, thrust bearings, cleaned all components – Aug 2009)
- Retimed Valves – DMCNW (August 2008)
- Replaced WUR and set idle – DMCNW (August 2008)
Other Upgrades/Service 2003-2009:
- New master, new slave cylinders
- New engine cover
- New Headliners
- New Gel Cell Battery (Jun 2009)
- Stainless Steel Shifter Knob
- Replaced all tires with Radial G/T’s (Oct 2007)
- Upgraded all sway bar bushings up front with poly bushings.
- 2 way long range paging alarm system, remote start, keyless entry.
- Remote door launchers.
- Remote trunk release.
- LEDs in door lights & A/C panel.
- Linear actuators replace door lock solenoids.
- Heated, extended-convex Eurospec mirrors
- LED third brake light on louvers.
- Three core brass radiator, low-profile, low draw, quiet radiator fans (John Hervey’s)
- Rebuilt door lock controller, new relays, & replaced resistors & transistors for lower standby current draw.
- Lower temperature otterstat installed.
- Rewired A/C panel lights to only come on with headlights.
- Re-soldered all joints on taillight boards.
- Lots of small parts replaced – lights, driver’s mirror switches, antenna, etc.
- New radiator hoses throughout, new fuel accumulator, new tires, brakes.
- New lift struts all around.
- Headlight switch relay-fix added (prevents headlight switch from melting).
- All new clutch linkage bushings & new reversing plate to smooth out shifting pattern.
- New water pump.
- All new ignition system: MSD Blaster coil, 8mm silicon wires w/lifetime warranty.
- All silicon vacuum hoses in engine compartment.
- Stainless braided fuel lines in rear, new plated fuel line connectors.
- Toby TABs.
- Small Dent on the Driver Rear Quater Panel
- Two cracks in the new windshield (Nov 2007)
- Eibach front springs creak in their perches, need perches greased
- Two cracks on the binnacle
- Dimmer light switch currently not hooked up
- Original Window Sticker
- Original Owners Manual
- Original Illustrated Car Manual
Recent Appearance Upgrades:
– New DMCH Black Floor Mats
– New AC Console Faceplate sticker
– Shifter Boot Redyed
– Shifter Plate refreshed w/SEM Black